Wednesday, July 22, 2009

UMMMM... here's my to-see list

Denver's Underground Music Showcase begins tomorrow and doesn't stop until Sunday night. I certainly don't have the room, and you don't have the patience for me to talk about all the bands I want to see. Similarly, I'm having to leave off a number of bands that deserve attention, but you can go here and here and here and here for more previews, and you can check out the UMS Twitter too. Nonetheless, here's what I'm thinking so far:

Thursday:
Magic Cyclops
Everything Absent or Distorted
Langhorne Slim

Friday:
Hello Kavita
Elin Palmer
Bela Karoli
The Hollyfelds
The Wheel

Saturday:
Elin Palmer & Kal Cahoone
Dressy Bessy
4 great comics this night, including:
Jim Hickox
Greg Baumhauer
Ben Roy
Adam Cayton-Holland - Check out the new What's So Funny? while you're at it.

Sunday:
Everything Absent or Distorted (if you missed them the first time)
Reed Foehl
Bowerbirds
Ian Cooke

Monday:
UMS is over, and I feel sorry for anyone playing Denver Monday night, but... if you can stand one more night, you can check out Bloodshot Records artist Ha Ha Tonka at the Hi-Dive. They've got some promising new material, so if you're just not ready to let go of the 4 day party that was the UMS, then why not make it one more night before you return to reality?

1 comment:

flatresponse said...

This is definitely going to be a killer weekend (both in terms of good music and the impact to one's stamina).

I'm still trying to figure out what I'm aiming to record... Thursday's easy (Hi-Dive and 3 Kings), but once Saturday rolls around with 10 stages, the choices are a bit more difficult!