Thursday, February 5, 2009

I've seen it all and I don't want to see anymore














Above: Robert Frost statue after stopping by woods on a snowy evening


I was walking across campus today and saw an old man with a camera set up on a tripod, taking pictures near the Robert Frost statue. Hmm, I thought, wonder what this old bearded man is up to. As I neared him, I saw him down on his knees fitting a pair of Crocs onto Bobby Frost's feet.

Yes, you heard me correctly.  Not even that I consider Robert Frost some bastion of anti-capitalism or anything, but this was just pure Boulder ridiculous, plain and simple.  This is truly confirmation that capitalism is corrupting our elderly.

If Frost was still alive for this incident, I think he would have had to tack on a few extra miles before he slept.

No comments: