Monday, February 23, 2009

I'm liking this































Finally got around to listening to Denton based Telegraph Canyon, and I have to say that I'm quite impressed so far. The incomparable Todd Pertll is listed as a band member, though not in the pictures. Todd, who you should know from the fabulous pedal steel (and other) sounds of Doug Burr, Kristy Kruger, Deadman, Thrift Store Cowboys et al. fame, doesn't really take on bad projects and this is no exception.

I don't feel qualified to describe their music. (Here is where a normal blog would describe their music). Instead, I have to recommend that you check them out yourselves. So far, the songs I've heard hit on quite a wide range of sounds. I have a feeling that, come next paycheck, I'm going to be checking out their first album All the Good News, which apparently you can usually find here, except for the fact that so many people beat you to the punch and now CD Baby is sold out. You can either buy the mp3s or wait until it comes back in stock.

The good news on Telegraph Canyon is twofold:
1) The band is touring a good bit coming up this spring, which maximizes your chance to see them. Also, if they are working this hard it is a good sign that they'll be back again if you miss them this time.
2) They have a new album coming out this May, and by the time it comes out, you'll be foaming at the mouth to hear more.

(Here's where most blogs would end with a clever line)

No comments: