Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Who needs SXSW when you can sell out NYC & Europe?

Just saw the band Mumford & Sons on Letterman the other night, and basically what I remember was looking up and thinking, "wow, this is actually pretty good." Not that typical for late night shows these days. I figured they were some East Coast band jumping on the Avett Brothers wave, but turns out these guys are from the U.K. I don't know their material too well, but this song is good.

I thought surely that they would be at SXSW, but it turns out they have recently sold out the Bowery Ballroom in NYC, and have a sold out headlining tour across Europe, so I guess they are doing alright and don't need to get into the pomp and circumstance of the SXSW tango. Need to check out more of their stuff though. What do you think?


Mumford & Sons / Little Lion Man video

Mumford and Sons | MySpace Music Videos

No comments: