Saturday, February 13, 2010

nothing important

I am increasingly thinking, among their other mistakes handling the late night situation:
that NBC made an enormous error in not continuing to broadcast Southland, and instead giving Jay Leno that time slot. Watching it re-broadcast on TNT, I'm convinced it's one of the best shows on TV, and I really hope that TNT has the money to keep it going. You can see some episodes online at TNT.tv, or of course, through various pay sites.

Another thing about Southland:
If you don't believe me, watch the pilot episode. If you are not convinced by 3/4 of the way through that episode, you will be by the end when The National's "Fake Empire" plays over the last few scenes.

Cross Canadian Ragweed playing Bonnaroo 2010:
I did not see that one coming.

I've not said much about the death of Vic Chesnutt:
but he was one of the less appreciated masters of his craft, and I'm very pleased that the Grammy Awards chose to include to him in their video remembering those who had died in the past year. Read this very well written note about Chesnutt from the Oxford American.

If you cared at all:
the video that I embedded in my last post only plays on the Windfarm page, i.e., not in Google reader, as a result of various permissions that are attached to it. ...the more you know.

It don't matter who's in Austin:
'cause Bob Wills is still the king.

If you hadn't heard, Google shut down a number of music blogs recently:
and that's why we don't post mp3s, no matter who said we could. Also because I don't know how.

If you will be at SXSW:
I hope you get the chance to see Slim Cessna's Auto Club. They've been around forever, but only tour sporadically. Without a doubt they are one of Denver's greatest live bands, and one of the key elements of the Denver scene over the past 16 or so years.

No comments: