Friday, October 9, 2009

Dawes - When My Time Comes

I have not liked a song this much on first listen in a long time. I've been hearing about Dawes here and there for a few months now, but hadn't really taken the time to listen to them. I like the rest of what I've heard so far, but "When My Time Comes" really stands out for me right now. Looks like I'm going to have to go see them in Denver with Langhorne Slim on 10/29, and maybe check out their just-released debut LP North Hills soon as well. If the live version from youtube doesn't do it for you, try listening to the album cut on their myspace or alternatively on Daytrotter or Luxury Wafers.

You can find their Daytrotter session here and their Luxury Wafers visit here.


2 comments:

Bryant said...

Dawes are GREAT live, way better than the album version. I caught their show with Deertick twice this summer: once in Lubbock, TX and the other in Montreal, QU and both times they outperformed the headliner Deertick. I took some snaps of both shows that you might like to take a look at:
(Lubbock show)
http://www.flickr.com/photos/parttimemusic/sets/72157621048454379/

(Montreal show)
http://www.flickr.com/photos/parttimemusic/sets/72157621780263475/

I missed them coming to Portland w/ Langhorne Slim unfortunately -- maybe next time.

Windfarm said...

That's good to hear. I was sorry their Denver date got canceled due to weather. Hoping to catch them next time through.

Thanks for the pics.