Wednesday, March 3, 2010

SXSW preview - 2010 Mile Hi Fidelity day party

The Denver music scene will be well-represented at SXSW this year, and while you can resolve to make each individual band's official showcase if you're going the $700 badge route, you can also catch the entire line-up on Friday. Sadly, this showcase conflicts with my "can't miss" showcase by Ramble Creek, so I'm left to catch these bands at other venues at other times during the week. This showcase would actually be my second-in-line can't miss if it didn't conflict with my first, if that helps make my case.

I've already put my plug in for Nathaniel Rateliff and the Wheel, and if you read this blog, you know I mention Slim Cessna's Auto Club about once a month. Slim has been around a long time, but don't take that for granted. You need to see an Auto Club show while you have the chance. No, they aren't going anywhere as far as I know, but they don't tour as much as they used to, and they don't make it through Texas very often at all. SCAC is one of Denver's most original acts, and they continue to perform at a very high level.

I also recommend that you try to catch Paper Bird if you get the chance, and Houses and Snake Rattle Rattle Snake have been getting increasing attention as well. I don't mean for this to sound like 1950s era product placement, but I'm a pretty big fan of Stranahan's Colorado Whiskey too. However, maybe it's for the best I have a time conflict, because I probably don't need to start on the whiskey at noon anyway.

No comments: