Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Who knew?

So I just learned that this Saturday (5/18/09) is "Record Store Day" across the country, and apparently that means that there are a ton of vinyl and other releases coming out then.  My local record store owner was telling about the day, and having never heard of it, I did my usual "nod head and smile because I don't know what you are talking about" routine.  After talking to a friend who actually knows about such things, I looked into in a bit more detail.

Now I don't really care about most of the releases, but one kind of cool thing that caught my eye is a new Whiskeytown 7".  You can find out more info/backstory here.  Apparently it features two previously unreleased tracks from 1996: "San Antone" and "The Great Divide."  Not sure how limited the release is, but I think my local store received 3 or 4 copies, so probably 2500 or so nationally?  I'm sure it's few enough so that they'll sell out soon and be sold for way too much on ebay before you know it.


No comments: